We arrived to the park about a half an hour after it opened and went on the carousel of course. Because we clearly can't start a Disneyland mommy and Cailee day without a ride on "minimus". Yes Cailee pretty much calls any horse she sees Minimus (ya know like from Sofia the First).
I'll admit I didn't really do my research on the egg hunt I figured we would just wing it how hard could it be right?We pretty much went on a hunt just to find the map alone. Well, no worries because I will share what I know to make it easier on you guys should you decided to join in on the fun too.
What you need to know:
- The Egg Stravaganza 2014 is going on until April 20
- You can join in on the fun at Disneyland Park (in California), Disney California Adventure, and Epcot.
- You can pick up the special maps at the following locations:
Disney California Adventure park – Elias & Co., Oswald’s, Radiator Springs Curios,
Rushin’ River Outfitters, Studio Store and Treasures in Paradise.
Disneyland park – Disney Showcase, Fairy Tale Treasures, Gag Factory, Pieces of Eight
and Pooh Corner
Epcot – Heritage Manor (American Adventure Pavilion), Disney Traders, International
Gateway, Pin Central and Port of Entry
- The special maps only cost $4.95
- The hidden eggs are all around the park and they are big eggs (I completely thought they were tiny little eggs).
- The location of the eggs are on the map and you place the corresponding sticker on the map once you spot the egg.
- When your done finding all the eggs you take the map back to the redemption location and you get a special little prize.
- Apparently you don't really need to find the eggs because if you take your make to the redemption location they will give you a prize regardless. I personally thought that was a big joke because what fun is that?!
- TRUST ME you will have fun :)
This is the map for Disneyland... (egg stickers not pictured but they are behind the map on a separate sheet). They are very cute and are of different characters :)
Cailee and her finished map (don't worry I blocked out the eggs to avoid spoiling the fun). One lady saw us when we found our first hidden egg and she started telling us which eggs where at each location. I had to be as nice as possible to cut her off. She was so surprised I didn't want to know and I think she got a little offended but oh well we actually wanted to look for them ourselves ;) and so glad we did because every time we spotted a hidden egg Cailee would get so excited and say "we did it momma we found da egg". I would ask her to find the corresponding sticker and she had a blast.
For a reference point this is how the eggs look. I had no clue so this would have been helpful for me at the starting point :)
Cailee and her special prize :)
This was a great experience and I highly recommend it for all ages.
So hop on over to a park today :) haha get it hop!?