Sep 9, 2015

school week { bake crew }

One of the many things I was looking forward to when Cailee started school were all the volunteer opportunities. When we started our family I knew that I wanted to be as involved in their school life as I could. I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home and planned to take full advantage of that. So when it was a required that we volunteer a certain amount of hours at the school. I was eager to sign up! 
One of the things I signed up to do was "Bake Crew". I like baking but when it came down to it I would always ask my sister to bake for Cailee's parties. So signing up for bake crew was something I did to challenge myself. And boy was it just the challenge I needed. 
You see Cailee's school is nut free. Which means that as a member of bake crew I am to bake the items myself and ensure that they are completely "NUT FREE". Because no one in my family is allergic to nuts I seriously was stumped with this. So I took to the Internet to research the heck out of it. 

I am by no means an expert but feel as if I know enough to ensure that I keep the kiddos at my daughter's school safe. 

To be honest my only experience in baking was to whip out the Betty Crocker cake mix. So needless to say I really did get the challenge I was so desperately seeking. 

I have to thank Pinterest for being my go to place for baking recipes(what in the world would I do without Pinterest)!
Here is a list of my favorite go to baking websites...

Brown Eyed Baker  has the best ultimate chocolate cupcake 
Averie Cooks has a great lemon cupcake with lemon cream cheese frosting recipe
Cake Journal has a great tutorial on how to flood cookies with royal icing
The Nut-Free Mom Blog is a great resource for learning about what "nut free" really means

I made these cupcakes for my first assignment in Bake Crew for Back to School Night and they were a big hit!


1 event down 9 more to go !!!
post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and commenting @ Pretty Lucky Mama! I love hearing from you!